Here are the answers to our quiz from 3rd September 2021 – how did you do?
1. “Wax on, wax off” is a famous quote from which sports movie?
The Karate Kid
2. Who directed the true-crime action-comedy Pain & Gain?
3. What is the title of the sequel to 1973’s The Three Musketeers?
The Four Musketeers
4. Who plays stateless refugee Viktor Navorski in The Terminal?
5. The Coen brothers comedy The Hudsucker Proxy revolves around the invention of what popular children’s toy?
The hula hoop (“You know, for kids!”)
6. Which comic-book hero is played by Simu Liu in this week’s new Marvel Studios release?
Shang-Chi, in Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
7. Soap, Bacon, and Hatchet Harry are characters in which British gangster movie?
Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels
8. Who plays Sabrina Fairchild in Sabrina?
9. In Highlander, we were told there could be only one, but including direct-to-video films, how many live-action films were there altogether?
5 (Highlander, The Quickening, The Sorcerer, Endgame, and The Source)
10. Which comedy’s finale takes place at the Catalina Wine Mixer?
11. Keanu has played many Johns, Johnnys, and Jonathans – in which 1991 film did he first play a character with that name?
Point Break, in which he plays Johnny Utah
12. Who plays the devil in 1997’s The Devil’s Advocate?
13. What is Ted’s surname in the Bill & Ted movies?
14. In which 2019 film does Keanu play Canada’s greatest stuntman, Duke Kaboom?
Toy Story 4
15. In the John Wick series, what is the name of the New York hotel that caters exclusively to the criminal underworld?
16. Which DC Comics character does Keanu play in the 2005 film of the same name?
John Constantine, in Constantine
17. In which US city is Speed set?
18. What type of animal is Keanu in 2016’s Keanu?
He’s a kitten (voiced by Reeves in a cameo)
19. In which 1993 Shakespeare adaptation does Keanu play Don John?
Much Ado About Nothing
20. How many Ronin feature in the 2013 samurai movie of the same name?
47 Ronin, in 47 Ronin
21. In Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, the five D’s of dodgeball are dodge, duck, dip, dive, and… what?
22. In which 1984 comedy does Val Kilmer play singer-turned-spy Nick Rivers?
23. Who plays Tracy Flick in 1999’s Election?
24. In the news – Dug Days is a new Disney+ spin-off series based on which Pixar film?
25. Which film comes next in this sequence – The Last Man On Earth, The Omega Man…
I Am Legend (they’re all adaptations of the book of that name, but the Will Smith one is the first to use the title)
26. Complete the title of the 2011 romantic comedy – Salmon Fishing In The…
27. What title connects a 1979 horror film starring James Brolin and a 2005 remake starring Ryan Reynolds?
The Amityville Horror
28. Who connects the 1990s films From Dusk Til Dawn, One Fine Day, and The Peacemaker?
29. “Lose Yourself” is an Oscar-winning song from which 2002 film?
30. And finally, which 1988 romantic drama connects Glenn Close, Michelle Pfieffer, and Uma Thurman?
Dangerous Liaisons (and hey, Keanu’s in that one too!)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.