Here are the answers to our quiz from 4th December 2020 – how did you do?
1. In which murder mystery does Daniel Craig play detective Benoit Blanc?
2. Who plays Sally in When Harry Met Sally?
3. What kind of animal is Roddy St James in Aardman’s Flushed Away?
He’s a rat
4. Which supernatural comedy stars Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn as immortal love rivals?
Death Becomes Her
5. In The Goonies, what is the name of the pirate whose treasure the Goonies seek?
6. The Shark Is Still Working is a documentary about which film?
7. Born this week, who plays May Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
8. Which video-game adaptation connects Dwayne Johnson, Karl Urban, and Rosamund Pike?
9. Rooster Cogburn is a sequel to which western?
10. Which screen legend’s final work was providing the voice of planet-sized robot Unicron in Transformers: The Movie?
11. “Amazing” Amy Dunne is the titular character of which 2014 film?
12. Who plays twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network?
13. In which US city is Zodiac primarily set?
14. Which Oscar winner replaced Nicole Kidman in the lead role in Panic Room?
15. What everyday product does Tyler Durden sell for a living in Fight Club?
16. Who plays the unfortunate Tracy Mills in Seven?
17. Which film connects Michael Douglas, Sean Penn, and Deborah Kara Unger?
18. Which of the Doctors from Doctor Who co-stars in Alien3?
Paul McGann (he’s not much cop with xenomorphs, unfortunately)
19. Which film earned Fincher his first Oscar nomination for Best Director?
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, in 2009 (he scored another nod for The Social Network in 2011)
20. Which Led Zeppelin song did Karen O cover for the opening title sequence of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?
21. Which Hollywood studio was founded in 1923 by Harry, Albert, Sam, and Jack?
Warner Bros Pictures
22. Who plays Leeloo in 1997’s The Fifth Element?
23. Complete the title of the Oscar-winning film – Three Billboards Outside…
… Ebbing, Missouri
24. Joel Barish and Clementine Kruczynski are central characters in which 2004 movie?
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
25. What biblical role connects Charlton Heston, Val Kilmer, and Christian Bale?
Moses (in The Ten Commandments, The Prince Of Egypt, and Exodus: Gods & Kings, respectively)
26. “That’ll do, pig. That’ll do” is the final line of which 1995 family film?
27. How many Final Destination movies have been released to date?
5 (A sixth is on its way)
28. Trash Island, Megasaki, is the setting for which 2018 animated film?
Isle Of Dogs
29. Which author wrote and directed 1973’s Westworld, based on his own novel?
30. And finally, who has appeared in more Tim Burton films to date – Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter?
Johnny Depp (he’s in 8, she’s in 7 – including 5 with Depp)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.