Here are the answers to our quiz from 4th September 2020 – how did you do?
1. Who plays jousting hopeful William Thatcher in A Knight’s Tale?
2. Which fantasy comedy sees the male members of the Lake family travelling within their own lifetimes at will?
3. Which Oscar-nominated comedy stars Robert Carlyle, Mark Addy, and Tom Wilkinson as unemployed steelworkers?
The Full Monty
4. Which band wrote and performed “Who Wants To Live Forever” for the Highlander soundtrack?
5. “The longer you wait, the harder it gets” is the tagline to which raunchy comedy?
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
6. The New Mutants is a spin-off from which comic-book movie franchise?
7. Born this week, who plays defence attorney Billy Flynn in 2002’s Chicago?
8. Which horror remake stars Colin Farrell as vampire next door Jerry Dandridge?
9. Which fictional sport involves five skaters, two catchers, and three motorcyclists per team?
Rollerball, in Rollerball
10. Which disaster movie spoof is a loose remake of the 1957 drama Zero Hour?
11. What is the name of the “man-cub” played by Neel Sethi in 2016’s The Jungle Book?
12. As the Genie, Will Smith sings two songs on the soundtrack to 2019’s Aladdin – “Friend Like Me” and which other?
13. Which 1996 remake stars Hugh Laurie as Jasper and Mark Williams as Horace?
14. Who plays the grown-up title character in the Winnie the Pooh legacyquel Christopher Robin?
15. Which 2016 remake connects Bryce Dallas Howard, Robert Redford, and Karl Urban?
16. Which villain does Luke Evans play in 2017’s Beauty And The Beast?
17. What is the full title of the 2016 sequel to Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland?
Alice Through The Looking Glass
18. Which Oscar-winner plays wicked stepmother Lady Tremaine in 2015’s Cinderella?
19. 2010’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice is inspired by which Disney animated film?
Fantasia (as in the titular segment from the 1940 musical, Jay Baruchel winds up doing the Mickey Mouse routine with some magic mops)
20. Which remake of an animated series connects Brendan Fraser, Leslie Mann, and John Cleese?
George Of The Jungle (what a film!)
21. Burke, Hudson, and Vasquez are characters in which 1980s sequel?
22. Which musician did the great Chadwick Boseman play in 2014’s Get On Up?
23. How many Scream films have been released to date?
24. Who connects the movies Romeo Must Die, Kiss Of The Dragon, and Unleashed?
25. What is the full title of the fifth Die Hard movie?
A Good Day To Die Hard
26. Which Shakespearean character has been played on the big screen by Kenneth Branagh, Mel Gibson, and Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Hamlet (“To be, or not to be? Not to be!”)
27. Which 2019 horror film serves as a sequel to 1980’s The Shining?
28. Who directed 1998’s Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
29. What kind of animal is Hidalgo in the 2004 adventure film Hidalgo?
He’s a horse
30. And finally, which 2018 sequel sees Lily James take over the role of Donna Sheridan?
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (she plays Meryl Streep’s character in flashbacks)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.