Here are the answers to our quiz from 5th August 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which disaster movie features “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith on its soundtrack?
2. Born this week, which director plays Silent Bob in the Clerks movies and assorted other spin-offs?
3. Red, White & Blonde is the sequel to which 2001 comedy?
4. Who plays Edgar the “bug“ in Men In Black?
5. Psycho primarily takes place in which fictional California motel?
The Bates Motel
6. Which TV-to-film adaptation stars Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx as detectives Crockett and Tubbs?
7. Complete the title of the romantic comedy – The Englishman Who Went Up A Hill But…
… Came Down A Mountain
8. Which English acting legend lent his voice to the Poop emoji in The Emoji Movie?
Sir Patrick Stewart, natch
9. “Crime is a disease. Meet the cure.” Which action movie has this tagline?
10. Cliff Secord is the secret identity of which masked hero?
The Rocketeer (“Rocka-who?”) in The Rocketeer
11. Pitt won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for playing which character in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood – Rick Dalton or Cliff Booth?
Cliff Booth – Leonardo DiCaprio plays Rick
12. Moneyball revolves around which sport?
13. In which 1998 melodrama does Pitt play the personification of Death?
Meet Joe Black
14. Who directed 2008’s The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button?
15. What number connects three Pitt movies released in 1995, 2004, and 2013?
12 (as in 12 Monkeys, Ocean’s Twelve, and 12 Years A Slave)
16. Which Legend Of The Seven Seas does Pitt voice in a 2003 DreamWorks animated film?
Sinbad, in Sinbad: Legend Of The Seven Seas
17. Which of Pitt’s Ocean’s Eleven co-stars assassinates Jesse James in The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford?
Casey Affleck, who plays Robert Ford
18. In which 1993 crime movie does Pitt play a couch-bound character called Floyd?
19. Who directed and co-starred with Pitt in the 2015 romantic drama By The Sea?
20. What connects John Wayne, Elvis Presley, rocket scientists, car owners, and Pitt in a 1997 hit song?
They don’t impress Shania Twain much, in “That Don’t Impress Me Much” by Shania Twain
21. Brand, Data, and Mouth are all characters in which 1980s family adventure?
22. Who plays Russian boxer Ivan Drago in Rocky IV and Creed II?
23. Which 2018 heist thriller stars Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, and Elizabeth Debicki as its title characters?
24. Who directed the 2000s films A Beautiful Mind, Frost/Nixon, and The Grinch?
25. Founded by George Lucas in 1975, ILM is short for the name of which visual-effects company?
Industrial Light & Magic
26. Who plays Annie Hall in Annie Hall?
27. What title connects a 1959 religious epic starring Charlton Heston and a 2016 remake starring Jack Huston?
28. Julie Smith is the real name of which Best Actress Oscar winner?
29. “I ain’t got time to bleed” is a quote from which 1980s sci-fi action movie?
30. And finally, which character connects Alicia Silverstone, Rosario Dawson, and Leslie Grace?
Batgirl, in Batman & Robin, The LEGO Batman Movie, and the now-shelved Batgirl movie
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.