Here are the answers to our quiz from 6th May 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which independent comedy takes place in and around the Quick Stop Groceries store in New Jersey?
2. Born this week, which actor directed the films Good Night And Good Luck, The Ides Of March, and The Monuments Men?
3. In cinemas this week! Starring Liza Minnelli and Michael York, which movie musical has been re-released for its 50th anniversary?
4. Which child assassin is played by Saoirse Ronan in the Joe Wright-directed action movie of the same name?
Hanna, in Hanna
5. “Her life was in their hands, now her toe is in the mail” is the tagline for which cult comedy classic?
The Big Lebowski
6. The Jewel Of The Nile is the sequel to which 1984 romantic-comedy adventure?
Romancing The Stone
7. Which US city provides the setting for Predator 2 – New York or Los Angeles?
8. Which off-kilter music biopic connects Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant, and Simon Helberg?
Florence Foster Jenkins
9. How many Police Academy movies have been released to date?
10. “So Long And Thanks For All The Fish” is a song from which sci-fi comedy movie?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy
11. What is the full title of the third film in the Evil Dead trilogy?
Army Of Darkness
12. Who plays psychic clairvoyant Annie Wilson in 2000’s The Gift?
13. Which Raimi-created character connects Liam Neeson, Bruce Campbell, and Arnold Vosloo?
Darkman (Neeson plays him in Darkman, Campbell cameos in the final scene, and Vosloo plays him in the Raimi-produced direct-to-video sequels)
14. Which hand does Ash replace with a chainsaw in Evil Dead II – his left or his right?
His right hand
15. Which two actors from Spider-Man reprise their roles in both sequels despite their characters dying in the first film? (2 points)
Willem Dafoe (Norman Osborn) and Cliff Robertson (Uncle Ben)
16. Which horror film prominently features a mythological demon called the Lamia?
Drag Me To Hell
17. Who plays baseball pitcher Billy Chapel in 1999’s For The Love Of The Game?
18. Which 1995 western connects Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Gene Hackman?
The Quick And The Dead
19. Who plays Theodora, later the Wicked Witch of the West, in Oz The Great And Powerful?
20. In Spider-Man 3, a symbiote-addled Peter Parker dances to the 1973 song “People Get Up And Drive Your Funky Soul” by which singer?
James Brown – let’s all relive that sequence together!
21. Which of these actors had the most feature film outings as James Bond – Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig?
Daniel Craig stars in five Bond films, whereas Brosnan only starred in four
22. Whose film roles include Julian Assange, Thomas Edison, and Alan Turing?
23. In the news! Which director is set to remake their own 1989 Hong Kong actioner The Killer?
24. Which Scottish rock band takes their name from the criminal family in 1985’s The Goonies?
25. What comes next in this sequence? – the letter S > the power of three > …
Resurrection, or COLON, Resurrection to be more exact – these go after Alien to make the names of its sequels, in order
26. In which decade are The Mummy, The Princess And The Frog, and Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them all set?
The 1920s (all in 1926, to be specific)
27. Who plays the title role in 2012’s Martha Marcy May Marlene?
28. What animal connects 2010s movies directed by Jon Favreau, Chris Morris, and Garth Davis?
Lion, as in The Lion King, Four Lions, and, er… Lion
29. Also in the news! Just when you thought it was safe to put her back in the corner, which star of 1987’s Dirty Dancing is reportedly returning for an upcoming sequel?
30. And finally, to date, who is the only American historical figure to be the title character of a Disney animated feature?
Pocahontas, in Pocahontas
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.