Here are the answers to our quiz from 6th November 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which movie culminates with the destruction of the Houses of Parliament on 5th November 2028?
V For Vendetta
2. Who directed Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and also played Victor Frankenstein?
3. Complete the title of the feel-good biopic – A Street Cat Named…
4. Born this week, who connects the films Avengers: Endgame, Hail, Caesar!, and Snowpiercer?
5. According to the title of a Hammer horror movie, what letter of the alphabet is The Unknown?
X, as in X The Unknown
6. Which sci-fi teen comedy sees Anthony Michael Hall and Ilan Mitchell-Smith accidentally invent Kelly LeBrock?
7. West Is West is the 2010 sequel to which British comedy?
East Is East
8. Who plays Philomena Lee in Philomena?
9. Jon Bon Jovi’s debut solo single “Blaze Of Glory” featured on the soundtrack of which film?
Young Guns II
10. Which prison-set action movie marked Danny Glover’s film debut?
Escape From Alcatraz
11. Who plays Andrew Shepherd, the American president in 1995’s The American President?
12. In which movie series does Leslie Nielsen play President Baxter Harris?
13. Which real-life US movie president connects Josh Brolin and Sam Rockwell?
They’ve both played George W. Bush (in W. and Vice, respectively)
14. In which romantic comedy does Charlize Theron play presidential hopeful Charlotte Field?
15. Who is the only actor to have won an Oscar for playing a real US President to date?
Daniel Day-Lewis (for 2012’s Lincoln)
16. Complete the trilogy – Olympus Has Fallen, London Has Fallen…
Angel Has Fallen
17. Who plays Vice President Kathryn Bennett in Air Force One?
18. In Superman II, E.G. Marshall’s POTUS surrenders the free world to which supervillain?
19. The filmmakers behind the 1997 sci-fi drama Contact courted controversy by using out-of-context real footage of which president?
Bill Clinton (You can find out more in the Film Stories podcast episode about Contact)
20. Which 2013 action sequel “introduces” Carlos Estévez as President Rathcock?
Machete Kills (Carlos Estévez is Charlie Sheen’s real name)
21. What instrument does Miles Teller’s character play in Whiplash?
He plays the drums
22. Who directed the 1986 fantasy classic Labyrinth?
23. Which 1990s action movie connects Sandra Bullock, Nigel Hawthorne, and Wesley Snipes?
24. Which Hobbit does Dominic Monaghan play in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy– Merry or Pippin?
25. In France, which Hollywood film franchise goes by the international title Sexy Dance?
26. Which English king does the late, great Sean Connery play in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves?
Richard I (or Richard the Lionheart)
27. How many films have co-starred Robert De Niro and Al Pacino to date?
4 (The Godfather Part II, Heat, Righteous Kill, and The Irishman)
28. Which film duo’s fan club is called the Sons of the Desert?
Laurel and Hardy
29. Jim Dear, Darling, and Aunt Sarah are all characters in which Disney animated film?
Lady And The Tramp
30. And finally, according to a famous line from Mean Girls, on what day of the week do the Plastics wear pink?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.