Here are the answers to our quiz from 7th May 2021 – how did you do?
1. What was the first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
2. What is Jim Carrey’s day job in Liar Liar?
He’s a lawyer
3. Which teenage assassin played by Saoirse Ronan in the film of the same name?
Hanna, in Hanna
4. Born this week, who directed the films Clueless, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and Look Who’s Talking?
5. Which Rolling Stones song shares its name with a 1986 comedy starring Whoopi Goldberg?
“Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
6. Who plays Van Helsing in Stephen Sommers’ Van Helsing?
7. In which British crime biopic did Gary and Martin Kemp play criminal duo Ronnie and Reggie?
8. Dark Web is the 2018 sequel to which video-call horror film?
9. Who does Elvis Presley play in the musical Frankie And Johnny – Frankie or Johnny?
Johnny (Frankie is played by Donna Douglas)
10. In which 1994 comedy did the character Silent Bob first appear?
11. What is the name of Angelina Jolie’s character in the Tomb Raider movies?
12. Which 2020 family movie had the tagline “A whole new speed of hero”?
Sonic The Hedgehog
13. Which beloved British actor plays Mario in 1993’s Super Mario Bros?
14. Complete the title of the Disney-backed video-game adaptation – Prince Of Persia…
… The Sands Of Time
15. On which planet is 2005’s Doom largely set?
16. The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters is a documentary about the high-score record for which classic arcade game?
17. Who directed 2002’s Resident Evil and three of its sequels?
Paul W.S. Anderson
18. What type of creature is Toby Kebbell’s character Durotan in 2016’s Warcraft?
He’s an Orc
19. Which Princess of Pop plays Sgt Cammy White in 1994’s Street Fighter?
20. Red, Chuck, and Mighty Eagle are characters in which video-game movie series?
21. “I see dead people” is a quote from which 1999 supernatural drama?
The Sixth Sense
22. In what decade is 2014’s Pride set?
23. In the news – Jenny Agutter will return for a new sequel to which 1970 British family film?
The Railway Children (the new film, The Railway Children Return, is due out in April 2022)
24. Which country connects Cocktail, Dr No, and How Stella Got Her Groove Back?
25. What title connects a 1955 Alec Guinness film and a 2004 Tom Hanks film?
26. In 1988’s They Live, what type of accessory grants the wearer the ability to see through alien subliminal messages?
Sunglasses (or Hoffman lenses, if you really know your onions)
27. Which literary character connects Michael Gambon, Richard Harris, and Jude Law?
They’ve all played Professor Dumbledore in the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films.
28. Which 2016 home-invasion horror film stars Stephen Lang as blind veteran Norman Nordstrom?
29. Who connects the films True Romance, Pulp Fiction, and Sleepy Hollow?
Christopher Walken (we wrote about those and other cameos here)
30. And finally, in a 1977 film, Scottish actor Alex McCrindle holds the distinction of being the first actor to say which iconic catchphrase on screen?
“May the Force be with you”, in Star Wars
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.