Here are the answers to our quiz from 8th April 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which sports comedy connects Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, and Christopher Walken?
Eddie The Eagle
2. In which cop movie did Clint Eastwood first play Inspector Callaghan?
Dirty Harry, as in Inspector Harry Callaghan
3. Who plays serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster?
4. Which Star Trek actor directed Three Men And A Baby?
5. Starring Ant and Dec, which British comedy film has the tagline “The truth isn’t out there”?
6. Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne are the main characters in which comedy franchise?
Dumb & Dumber
7. Which Brazilian city shares its name with a Blue Sky animated franchise about a pair of rare blue macaws?
8. Born this week, who connects the movies The Princess Bride, Unbreakable, and Wonder Woman?
9. The Jesus Rolls is a spin-off from which 1990s comedy movie?
The Big Lebowski
10. Which pop singer provided the theme song for The NeverEnding Story?
11. Starting with Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, who took over from the late great Richard Harris as Professor Dumbledore?
12. Harrison Ford is the only actor to play CIA analyst Jack Ryan in more than one movie – Patriot Games and which other 1994 film?
Clear And Present Danger
13. Which James Bond villain was played by Donald Pleasence, Telly Savalas, and Charles Gray in successive sequels?
The name’s Blofeld, Ernst Stavro Blofeld…
14. During the production of 2014’s Paddington, Ben Whishaw took over the voice role of Paddington from which Oscar-winning actor?
15. Which movie slasher has been played by more actors to date – Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers?
Jason Voorhees (played by 10 actors to date, next to Michael’s 9)
16. Eric Stoltz, Claudia Wells, and Crispin Glover were all recast at different points in which movie trilogy?
Back To The Future (replaced by Michael J. Fox, Elisabeth Shue, and Jeffrey Weissman, respectively)
17. Who plays FBI agent Clarice Starling in 2000’s Hannibal?
18. Which character is played by Gloria Foster in The Matrix Reloaded and Mary Alice in The Matrix Revolutions?
19. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who replaced Damien Poitier as Thanos from Guardians Of The Galaxy onwards?
20. Which actor was Oscar nominated for replacing Kevin Spacey as J. Paul Getty at short notice in 2017’s All The Money In The World?
21. What is the full title of the 2014 sequel to 21 Jump Street?
22 Jump Street
22. What connects Boris Karloff in 1932, Arnold Vosloo in 1999, and Sofia Boutella in 2017?
They’re all the Mummy in different versions of The Mummy
23. Which 2009 romantic comedy charts the doomed relationship between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel?
(500) Days Of Summer
24. Which cartoon character made his debut in the 1940 Warner Bros short A Wild Hare?
25. Currently working on her next film for Netflix, which director connects Father Of The Bride, Something’s Gotta Give, and It’s Complicated?
26. What is the name of Simba’s father in Disney’s The Lion King?
27. Who famously sings “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend” in the 1953 musical Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?
28. What word goes after Cop, Nomad, and Zombie to make the titles of three different movies?
Land (as in 1997’s Cop Land, 2020’s Nomadland, and 2009’s Zombieland)
29. Complete the climactic quote from the film of the same name – “Forget it, Jake, it’s…?
… Chinatown”, as in Chinatown
30. And finally, which director’s filmography would win a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors – Ron Howard or Michael Bay?
Ron Howard, because 1994’s The Paper beats 1996’s The Rock
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.