Here are the answers to our quiz from 8th January 2021 – how did you do?
1. Who won a Best Actress Oscar for playing Queen Anne in The Favourite?
2. Which phobia shares its name with a spider-infested horror comedy starring Jeff Daniels?
Arachnophobia, as in Arachnophobia
3. Born this week, which British comic actor provides the voice of Zazu in 1994’s The Lion King?
4. In which US city is Saturday Night Fever set?
5. Which Danny Boyle film connects Kerry Fox, Christopher Eccleston, and Ewan McGregor?
6. Who plays Alexander the Great in Oliver Stone’s epic biopic Alexander?
7. In which horror film does Bill Paxton play a vampire called Severen?
8. Who directed Starship Troopers?
9. Angel Of Death is the sequel to which Hammer horror movie?
The Woman In Black
10. In The Pink Panther, what kind of object is the Pink Panther?
It’s a diamond
11. “I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be ‘sir!’ Do you maggots understand that?” (1987)
Full Metal Jacket
12. “Who am I? You sure you wanna know?” (2002)
13. “Say, is this the moving picture ship?” (1933)
14. “Did you know there are more people with genius IQs living in China than there are people of any kind living in the United States?” (2010)
The Social Network
15. How you doin’ Keaton?” (1995)
The Usual Suspects
16. “What came first – the music or the misery?” (2000)
17. “What am I working on? Uh, I’m working on something that’ll change the world and human life as we know it.” (1986)
18. “You wanna – you wanna talk about the vanishing wilderness?” (1972)
19. “Are you watching closely?” (2006)
20. “Did you hear that? They shut down the main reactor. We’ll be destroyed for sure. This is madness! We’re doomed! There’ll be no escape for the Princess this time. What’s that?” (1977)
Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope)
21. Who plays Beca Mitchell in the Pitch Perfect trilogy?
22. In the news – soon to be adapted for the big screen, the musical Spamalot is “lovingly ripped off” from which 1975 comedy film?
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
23. What number vexes Jim Carrey in a 2007 mystery thriller of the same name?
The number 23, in The Number 23
24. Who connects the films Evita, Puss In Boots, and Spy Kids?
25. What word does Vizzini repeatedly use to describe the Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride?
26. Which 2010 British “bomb-com” connects Riz Ahmed, Kayvan Novak, and Nigel Lindsay?
27. Whose Exorcism was the subject of a horror-tinged legal drama starring Laura Linney and Tom Wilkinson?
Emily Rose’s, in The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
28. The 2014 true-story drama Foxcatcher is set in the world of which Olympic sport?
29. What word connects sequels to Alien, Halloween, and The Mechanic?
Resurrection (sequels released in 1997, 2002, and 2016, respectively)
30. And finally – set in the far-off and futuristic year of 2021, which sci-fi film stars Keanu Reeves as a courier with a cybernetic brain implant?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.