Here are the answers to our quiz from 9th April 2021 – how did you do?
1. The Quickening is the sequel to which fantasy film?
2. Who plays wedding planner Mary Fiore in The Wedding Planner?
3. Complete the title of the Disney animated feature – The Many Adventures Of…
… Winnie The Pooh
4. The titular three men in 1986’s Three Men And A Baby are played by Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg, and… whom?
5. Tris Prior is the main character in which YA sci-fi franchise?
6. “We got no food, we got no jobs, and our pets’ heads are falling off” is a quote from which 1994 comedy?
Dumb & Dumber
7. Set in the year 2057, which Danny Boyle film charts the Icarus space missions?
8. Who voices John Travolta and Kirstie Alley’s infant son Mikey in 1989’s Look Who’s Talking?
9. Which sport features prominently in Drew Barrymore’s Whip It?
10. Born this week, who connects the remakes of Flight Of The Phoenix, Footloose, and The Parent Trap?
11. In which film does Jack Black play guitarist-turned-teacher Dewey Finn?
School Of Rock
12. Which band’s members are played by Rachel Leigh Cook, Rosario Dawson, and Tara Reid in the 2001 comic-book movie of the same name?
Josie and the Pussycats, in Josie And The Pussycats
13. In which country does 2016’s Sing Street take place?
14. Which 2010 comedy is a spin-off starring Russell Brand’s character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
Get Him To The Greek
15. Which Muppet is the lead singer of The Electric Mayhem?
16. In the Bill & Ted movies, which legendary figure serves as the bass player in Wyld Stallyns?
17. Which real-life English band plays fictional band Flame in the 1975 film of the same name?
Slade, as Flame, in Slade In Flame
18. In which Coen brothers films do George Clooney, John Turturro, and Tim Blake Nelson start a band called the Soggy Bottom Boys?
O Brother, Where Art Thou
19. Who plays rock-star and absent mother Ricki in the 2015 drama Ricki And The Flash?
20. What connects a bizarre gardening accident, choking on someone else’s vomit, and two spontaneous combustions?
These are reported causes of death for Spinal Tap’s drummers (R.I.P.) in This Is Spinal Tap
21. In the news – Netflix has paid a reported $400m for two sequels to which Oscar-nominated 2019 film?
22. Who connects the films The Net, The Heat, and The Proposal?
23. In which 2003 film does Russell Crowe play Captain Jack Aubrey?
Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World
24. Which country connects Before Midnight, Immortals, and Shirley Valentine?
25. What is Jennifer Beals’ day job in Flashdance?
She’s a welder
26. Apoc, Mouse, and Switch are all characters in which 1990s blockbuster?
27. How many Men In Black films have been released to date?
4 – three starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, plus the 2019 reboot, Men In Black: International
28. Which actor’s directorial debut was 1973’s Play Misty For Me?
29. What type of animal is Scrat in the Ice Age films?
He’s a (sabre-toothed) squirrel
30. And finally, which film did Alfred Hitchcock make twice, first in 1934, then again in 1956?
The Man Who Knew Too Much
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.