Here are the answers to our quiz from 9th July 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which Steven Spielberg movie connects Tom Cruise, Samantha Morton, and Colin Farrell?
2. The Meaning Of Life is a film spin-off of which TV sketch comedy series?
Monty Python(‘s Flying Circus)
3. Born this week, who plays the karate kid in the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid?
4. What is the stage name of the quartet of magicians in Now You See Me and its sequel?
The Four Horsemen
5. Which horror movie marked Stephen King’s first original screenplay for a film?
6. Complete the US title of the action sequel – Live Free Or…
Die Hard (known as Die Hard 4.0 internationally)
7. Which Best Picture Oscar winner stars David Niven as gentleman explorer Phileas Fogg?
Around The World In 80 Days
8. Which horror film follows six women stuck in a cave system with creatures called Crawlers?
9. What is the name of Tom Cruise’s character in the Mission: Impossible movies?
10. In which European country is Midsommar mostly set?
11. Which Marvel Studios film features Black Widow’s first appearance?
Iron Man 2
12. Which Johansson character accesses 100% of her brain’s potential after absorbing an experimental drug in the 2014 film of the same name?
Lucy, in Lucy
13. Johansson is the most recent actor to score two Oscar nominations in the same year, for which two 2019 films?
Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story
14. What is the name of the virtual assistant voiced by Johansson in Her?
15. In which animated movie does Johansson voice Princess Mindy, daughter of King Neptune?
The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie
16. Which Psycho star does Johansson play in 2013’s Hitchcock?
17. Under The Skin is primarily set in which Scottish city?
18. Which 2002 action-comedy sees a small town besieged by giant mutant spiders?
Eight Legged Freaks
19. Who plays Charlotte’s photographer husband John in Lost In Translation?
20. Which comic book movie co-stars Johansson, Thora Birch, and Steve Buscemi?
21. Who made her film acting debut as Foxxy Cleopatra in 2002’s Austin Powers In Goldmember?
22. In Good Morning Vietnam, what is Robin Williams’ character’s job in the Armed Forces?
He’s a radio DJ
23. What sport connects the films Big Wednesday, Blue Crush, and Chasing Mavericks?
24. Anastasia Steele is the main character in which movie trilogy?
50 Shades Of Grey
25. What type of animal connects films directed by Andrea Arnold, Tim Burton, and Francis Ford Coppola?
Fish (as in Fish Tank, Big Fish, and Rumble Fish, respectively)
26. How many Lethal Weapon films did the late, great Richard Donner direct?
He directed all 4
27. Which vampire movie is set in the fictional Californian town of Santa Carla?
The Lost Boys
28. Who directed the films Layer Cake, Stardust, and X-Men: First Class?
29. Which 1980s romantic comedy connects Melanie Griffith, Harrison Ford, and Sigourney Weaver?
30. And finally, which movie famously ends with the line “You met me at a very strange time in my life”?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.