A complaint against Bill Murray for ‘inappropriate behaviour’ is behind the Being Mortal production shutdown. 

It was recently confirmed that production on Aziz Ansari’s directorial debut Being Mortal was shut down because of a ‘comlaint’. Now, Deadline reports that said complaint was made against star Bill Murray for ‘inappropriate behaviour’.

There aren’t any details available on Murray’s alleged behaviour, and Searchlight has said it doesn’t comment on ongoing investigations. Murray was due to star in the film alongside Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen, who are not involved in the complaint. It’s not clear what the Ghostbusters actor’s role in the production will be going forward.

The complaint against Murray was filed last week, which led to the production being suspended on Monday until the investigation is complete.

Being Mortal is based on a nonfiction book by Atul Gawande. Filming began on 28th March, and was said to have been halfway through before the suspension. The film has a planned 2023 release, but it’s not clear if the investigation will affect that.

More news on this as we hear it.

Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:

Follow Film Stories on Twitter here, and on Facebook here.

Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.

Become a Patron here.

Related Posts