Downton Abbey lands on DVD and Blu-ray in January, with a lot of extra features – details here.
Fresh from making a sizeable amount of money at the box office, it’s been announced that the Downton Abbey film will be heading to home formats in January of next year.
Universal has confirmed that the movie will be coming to on demand services from 13th January 2020, and that it’ll be on DVD and Blu-ray on 27th January 2020. No 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release is planned for this one.
On the upside, the release will come with a sizeable collection of bonus features, and unusually, this lot will be on both the DVD and Blu-ray release, from what we can tell. Here’s what’s in store…
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations – Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- The Royal Visit – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- True to the Twenties – Fans of DOWNTON ABBEY are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th century. Learn how DOWNTON ABBEY maintains a reputation of being true to the time period.
- Welcome to Downton Abbey – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise.
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes – Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian’s brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing Downton Abbey to the big screen.
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler
The disc should be available to pre-order at wherever you tend to get your discs from.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.
See one of our live shows, details here.