Black Widow star Scarlett Johansson is the subject of this week’s film quiz, along with all the usual bits and bobs of movie trivia.
It’s taken a long time for Marvel Studios to make a movie where Scarlett Johansson gets top billing, and only slightly longer for us to do a quiz round about her varied filmography. Along with the ScarJo questions, there’s a mix of teasers on subjects ranging from horror screenplays to romantic comedy ensembles, with 30 questions to answer in total.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 31 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Let’s party! (Insert awkward “I don’t see how that’s a party” reaction here.)
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 2002 – Which Steven Spielberg movie connects Tom Cruise, Samantha Morton, and Colin Farrell?
- 1983 – The Meaning Of Life is a film spin-off of which TV sketch comedy series?
- 1998 – Born this week, who plays the karate kid in the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid?
- 2013 – What is the stage name of the quartet of magicians in Now You See Me and its sequel?
- 1992 – Which horror movie marked Stephen King’s first original screenplay for a film?
- 2007 – Complete the US title of the action sequel – Live Free Or…
- 1957 – Which Best Picture Oscar winner stars David Niven as gentleman explorer Phileas Fogg?
- 2005 – Which horror film follows six women stuck in a cave system with creatures called Crawlers?
- 1996 – What is the name of Tom Cruise’s character in the Mission: Impossible movies?
- 2019 – In which European country is Midsommar mostly set?
ROUND TWO – The Scarlett Johansson Round
Next up, 10 questions on the films of Scarlett Johansson, ranging from her assorted comic-book movie roles to her more acclaimed dramatic work…
- Which Marvel Studios film features Black Widow’s first appearance?
- Which Johansson character accesses 100% of her brain’s potential after absorbing an experimental drug in the 2014 film of the same name?
- Johansson is the most recent actor to score two Oscar nominations in the same year, for which two 2019 films? (2 points)
- What is the name of the virtual assistant voiced by Johansson in Her?
- In which animated movie does Johansson voice Princess Mindy, daughter of King Neptune?
- Which Psycho star does Johansson play in 2013’s Hitchcock?
- Under The Skin is primarily set in which Scottish city?
- Which 2002 action-comedy sees a small town besieged by giant mutant spiders?
- Who plays Charlotte’s photographer husband John in Lost In Translation?
- Which comic book movie co-stars Johansson, Thora Birch, and Steve Buscemi?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Who made her film acting debut as Foxxy Cleopatra in 2002’s Austin Powers In Goldmember?
- In Good Morning Vietnam, what is Robin Williams’ character’s job in the Armed Forces?
- What sport connects the films Big Wednesday, Blue Crush, and Chasing Mavericks?
- Anastasia Steele is the main character in which movie trilogy?
- What type of animal connects films directed by Andrea Arnold, Tim Burton, and Francis Ford Coppola?
- How many Lethal Weapon films did the late, great Richard Donner direct?
- Which vampire movie is set in the fictional Californian town of Santa Carla?
- Who directed the films Layer Cake, Stardust, and X-Men: First Class?
- Which 1980s romantic comedy connects Melanie Griffith, Harrison Ford, and Sigourney Weaver?
- And finally, which movie famously ends with the line “You met me at a very strange time in my life”?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.