It’s almost the weekend, so we’re introducing the Film Stories quiz, a few rounds of movie trivia to test your knowledge or annoy your friends and family.
Below you’ll find three rounds of questions, covering a wide range of movies, which we hope will keep your film brains ticking over until some sort of pub quiz is feasible once again. We’ve got 30 questions in total for you to play on your own or nick for that family Zoom quiz you were supposed to write before Saturday night.
There are no prizes to be won, this is strictly for fun, and as long as everyone has a lovely time, we’ve done our job. Grab yourself a pen and paper and give yourselves a point for every correct answer (you’ll find those at the bottom!) – let’s get quizzing…
THIS WEEK IN MOVIE HISTORY
This is around about new releases and general film history from May 4th – 9th in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 2019 – Who voiced Detective Pikachu in the Pokemon movie of the same name?
- 1980 – Which horror movie is set at Camp Crystal Lake?
- 2005 – Released this week, which Best Picture winner stars Brendan Fraser, Terrence Howard, and Thandie Newton?
- 2011 – What is the full title of the fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie?
- 1912 – Which of the Big 5 Hollywood studios was founded as “Famous Players Film Company”?
- 1957 – Born this week, which British actor connects The Little Vampire and Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
- 2008 – Which British comedy focuses on two children trying to remake 1982’s First Blood?
- 1996 – Which supernatural horror film stars Robin Tunney, Fairuza Balk, and Neve Campbell?
- 2010 – Who directed Marvel’s Iron Man 2?
- 1944 – 18-year-old Angela Lansbury made her screen debut in which George Cukor film?
ROUND TWO – Chris, Chris, Chris!
Hollywood is riddled with Chrises, so this round is about as many big-screen Chrises as we could fit into 10 questions.
- Chris Columbus directed Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and which other Potter film?
- Which Chris starred opposite Al Pacino in 1992’s Scent Of A Woman?
- Best known for Red Dwarf and The Brittas Empire, TV actor Chris Barrie made his big-screen debut in which 2001 action movie?
- Which Chris plays George Kirk in the 2009 film Star Trek?
- In which 1980s horror film does Chris Sarandon play Jerry Dandridge?
- What kind of animal does Chris Rock voice in the Madagascar movies?
- Which Chris connects the films Bridesmaids, Thor: The Dark World, and Vera Drake?
- Which former US president is Chris Tucker’s character named after in the Rush Hour movies?
- Which Chris won the 2003 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Adaptation?
- In which of Chris Evans’ many comic book movies does he play the character Lucas Lee?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Start the big tombola of film trivia – all genres, all eras, all types of nonsense, all in one round. Let’s really test your movie buff knowledge out…
- Who plays Stephanie Zinone in Grease 2?
- What was the first James Bond movie released in the 21st century?
- Which English king does Colin Firth play in The King’s Speech?
- In Hobbs & Shaw, who plays Shaw – Dwayne Johnson or Jason Statham?
- Including direct-to-video sequels, how many Land Before Time movies are there?
- Who connects the films Prom Night, Knives Out, and The Tailor Of Panama?
- Daisy Ridley’s new Netflix movie Ophelia is inspired by which Shakespeare play?
- Who plays Guy Fleegman in 1999’s Galaxy Quest?
- Which Disney film features the song In A World Of My Own?
- Which actor receives top billing in Wes Anderson’s The Royal Tenenbaums?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, just click on this link to get them (let us know in the comments if you’d prefer them all on one post in the future – and also let us know your score!)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.