Never mind the Sex Pistols, here’s this week’s film quiz! We’ve got questions about sports movies, this week’s BAFTAs, and the movies of Sandra Bullock.
Sandra Bullock once said, of her acting choices: “I’d rather take risks than make something that’s cookie cutter.” And truly, there are few movie stars who have truly made something for everyone, but in a career spanning more than 30 years, she’s done romance, she’s done comedy, she’s done action, she’s done sci-fi, she’s done drama, she’s done horror… she’s done a lot of different films we can ask questions about and we’re big fans anyway, which is why one of our three rounds this week is devoted to her work.
Once you’ve finished all 30 questions, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 31 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. A tiebreaker question – how do the three seashells work…?
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1973 – “The power of Christ compels you” is a famous quote from which horror movie?
- 2017 – Who plays Belle in Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty And The Beast?
- 1995 – Which gangster comedy connects John Travolta, Gene Hackman, and Rene Russo?
- 2022 – In the news! Which Australian comedy star hosted this year’s BAFTA awards ceremony?
- 1999 – Which actor’s brain can be accessed through a portal between the seventh and eighth floors of New York’s Mertin-Flemmer building?
- 2006 – In which comedy remake does Steve Martin play Inspector Clouseau?
- 1959 – Born this week, who sang the Oscar-winning theme songs from Fame and Flashdance?
- 1998 – Which fictional US TV sitcom do Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon enter in the fantasy teen movie of the same name?
- 2013 – Who plays Burt Wonderstone in the stage-magic comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone?
- 1975 – What is the title of the sequel to 1968’s Funny Girl?
ROUND TWO – The Sandra Bullock Round
Sandra Bullock is back in cinemas soon with The Lost City, and we’ve got 10 questions on her run of romantic comedies, action movies, and awards-worthy fare to date…
- Which biographical sports drama won Sandra Bullock an Oscar for Best Actress in 2009?
- Who directed 2013’s Gravity?
- In which 1990s techno-thriller does Bullock play systems analyst Angela Bennett?
- Who co-stars with Bullock as Boston detective Shannon Mullins in 2013’s The Heat?
- Which Sandra Bullock franchise has made more money at the worldwide box office – Speed or Miss Congeniality?
- Where do Bullock and Keanu Reeves separately live in the 2006 fantasy romance of the same name?
- In which animated film does Bullock provide the voice of supervillain Scarlett Overkill?
- Complete the title of the 1995 romantic comedy – While You Were…
- What is the first name of Danny Ocean’s sister, played by Bullock in Ocean’s 8?
- Which two movies, both starring Bullock as a cop, share their names with songs by The Police? (2 points)
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Which sport connects Tin Cup, The Greatest Game Ever Played, and this week’s new release, The Phantom Of The Open?
- What did 20th Century Fox change its name to in January 2020?
- Which 1990s erotic crime thriller connects Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell, and Denise Richards?
- Who plays Adonis Creed in the Creed movies?
- In which 2008 film do Elizabeth Banks, Isla Fisher, and Rachel Weisz play possible mothers of Abigail Breslin?
- Who connects the films Starter For Ten, SuperBob, and this week’s new release, The Nan Movie?
- Also in the news! Which of Hollywood’s original “big five” studios was acquired by Amazon this week for $8.5 billion?
- The films Once, Sing Street, and The Commitments are all about musicians based in which capital city?
- What comes next in this sequence? Reloaded > Revolutions > …
- And finally, what connects Catherine O’Hara from 1990 to 1992, Haviland Morris in 1997, and Aisling Bea in 2021?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, themed around Oscar-winning movies and stars, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.