How well do you know the wit and wisdom of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s characters? Find out in this week’s film quiz.
Film Quiz Friday is off on holiday for the next couple of weeks, but we can’t think of a better way to let you know we’ll be back than a whole round dedicated to the many memorable quotes of Arnold Schwarzenegger. If Arnie isn’t your thing, there’s 30 movie trivia questions, covering a whole range of films, to tide you over for the weekend. There are no prizes, but as always, we hope you enjoy playing along.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. See you at the party!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1968 – Which animated film sees the Beatles take on the music-hating Blue Meanies?
- 2021 – In cinemas this week, Old is the new thriller from which director?
- 1998 – Which live-action monster movie connects Simpsons regulars Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, and Nancy Cartwright?
- 1981 – According to the title of the fourth Love Bug movie, who Goes Bananas?
- 2004 – Which English actor plays King Arthur in Antoine Fuqua’s King Arthur?
- 1983 – Which sequel sees Superman callously blow out the Olympic torch at the opening ceremony?
- 1972 – Born this week, who connects the films Scary Movie, White Chicks, and On The Rocks?
- 2011 – In which comedy do Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis conspire to kill their employers?
- 1994 – Who plays Barney Rubble in the first live-action Flintstones movie?
- 1960 – Bud Baxter and Fran Kubelik are the main characters in which Billy Wilder romantic comedy?
ROUND TWO – The Schwarzenegger Quotes Round
They may not give Oscars for one-liners, but we can do a quiz round – can you identify these films from just a quote and the year Arnie originally uttered it?
- “If I am not me, then who the hell am I?” (1990)
- “If it bleeds, we can kill it.” (1987)
- “I’m afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy.” (1997)
- “My nipples are sensitive.” (1994)
- “Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? […] I lied.” (1985)
- “Put the cookie down! Now!” (1996)
- “Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!” (1982)
- “To be, or not to be? Not to be!” (1993)
- “Hey, dickhead! Tell us where our mother is…” (1988)
- “I won’t be back.” (2019)
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- What is the name of Will Ferrell’s character in the Anchorman movies?
- “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo” is a song from which Disney animated film?
- Whose acting and writing credits include Last Christmas, Nanny McPhee, and Sense And Sensibility?
- Complete the title of the 2007 western – The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward…
- The low-budget studio Wakaliwood is based in which African country?
- How many days does Kate Hudson have to lose Matthew McConaughey in the 2003 romcom of the same name?
- Who plays Ilsa Lund in Casablanca?
- Which 1998 slasher film has sequels titled Final Cut and Bloody Mary?
- Who directed the James Bond films Skyfall and Spectre?
- And finally, what word goes after Day, Out, and Point to make three movies of the 1990s?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll be back on Friday 13th August with another quiz, but until then, let us know your scores did in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.