“I don’t have friends, I got family” – with Fast & Furious 9 now in cinemas, this week’s film quiz covers movies featuring the Fast family of actors.
This week marks not only the belated release of the ninth instalment of Vin Diesel’s family-centric franchise, but the 20th anniversary of The Fast & The Furious – it’s been a long way from stealing DVD-VCR combos to saving the world, but somehow, we got here. Anyway, we’ve got 30 new film questions for you this week, including a round on The Fast Saga’s many regulars.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. And to paraphrase the wisdom of Dominic Toretto, it doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile… quizzing is quizzing!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1974 – Bart, Mongo, and the Waco Kid are all characters in which comedy western?
- 2016 – What is the full title of the second Independence Day movie?
- 1945 – Born this week, who recorded Nobody Does It Better, the theme song for 1977’s The Spy Who Loved Me?
- 1996 – In which action film does Nicolas Cage play FBI agent Dr Stanley Goodspeed?
- 2021 – Which character leads the Three Muskehounds in the new animated TV-to-film adaptation of the same name?
- 1963 – In which World War II film does Steve McQueen play Captain Virgil Hilts?
- 2006 – Who starred as someone else living at Keanu Reeves’ address in the sci-fi romance The Lake House?
- 1988 – Complete the title of the Danny DeVito comedy – Throw Momma From The…
- 1993 – Which action film connects Sylvester Stallone, John Lithgow, and Michael Rooker?
- 2017 – What title connects a 1971 Don Siegel film and a 2017 Sofia Coppola film?
ROUND TWO – The Family-Friendly Round
All of the answers in this round are actors who have been in one or more of the Fast & Furious films in the last 20 years – can you name them?
- Who made his film acting debut as the Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns?
- Who connects the films Avatar, Machete, and Widows?
- Who plays Sergeant Robert Epps in the Transformers movies?
- Who, along with Jason Statham, previously drove a Mini in the 2003 remake of The Italian Job before joining the Fast movies?
- Who provides the voice of the Iron Giant in 1999’s The Iron Giant?
- Who plays Diana Prince in the DC Extended Universe movies?
- Who connects the films Eight Below, Flags Of Our Fathers, and She’s All That?
- Who plays the titular thief’s wife in 1989’s The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, And Her Lover?
- Who made her film debut as high-school student Delilah Profitt in 1998’s The Faculty?
- Who provides the voice of Copper, the grown-up hound in Disney’s The Fox And The Hound?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- “Show me the money” is a famous quote from which 1996 romantic comedy?
- What is the name of Jason Segel’s Muppet brother in 2011’s The Muppets?
- Complete the film trilogy – An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation Of Smaug…
- Norma Jeane Baker is the real name of which iconic movie star?
- What mythological creature features in the studio logo for TriStar Pictures?
- Which band gave us Rocky III’s “Eye Of The Tiger” and Rocky IV’s “Burning Heart”?
- Which son of the Devil does Adam Sandler play in the 2000 comedy of the same name?
- How many Jaws movies have been released to date?
- Which 2016 Disney film tells the story of Ugandan chess prodigy Phiona Mutesi?
- And finally, as of 2021, which director has made more films starring Tom Hanks – Ron Howard or Robert Zemeckis?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.