It’s Friday and that means it’s time for 30 more film quiz questions, including a round on the works of Brosnan, Pierce Brosnan.
Pierce Brosnan once said: “Acting allows me to explore new worlds, to discover characters by delving into their lives, and ultimately to become someone else entirely.” While exploring one of those worlds as tough guy Mark Taffin, he also said “What goes on in this town is none of your business”, to which Alison Doody said, “As long as I’m living here, it is my business”, so he bellowed “THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN’T BE LIVING HERE!”
We still have questions about that magical line delivery, but more relevantly, we’ve got questions about Brosnan’s other movies among this week’s usual film trivia selection. Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. Please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. Questions will commence after we watch that bit of Taffin again…
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1991 – In which 1990 Stephen King adaptation does Kathy Bates play Annie Wilkes?
- 2011 – Who plays Moses in Attack The Block?
- 1968 – In 2001: A Space Odyssey, what is the name of the artificial intelligence on board the Discovery One spacecraft?
- 2016 – Which horror-thriller connects Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots, and Patrick Stewart?
- 1994 – Playing the character Gareth, whose is the titular funeral in Four Weddings And A Funeral?
- 1987 – “Pinhead” is an extra-dimensional being in which horror film and its sequels?
- 2005 – In which US state is Friday Night Lights set?
- 1961 – Born this week, who directed the films Death Becomes Her, Cast Away, and Flight?
- 1979 – The Lizzies, the Punks, and the Orphans are gangs in which New York-set action thriller?
- 2009 – Who plays time-travelling Romulan Captain Nero in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek?
ROUND TWO – The Pierce Brosnan Round
It’s Pierce Brosnan’s birthday this weekend, so here are 10 questions on the man’s filmography to date. Don’t like it? THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN’T BE QUIZZING HERE…
- Which 1980 British gangster film gave Brosnan his feature film debut as “1st Irishman”?
- Which legendary figure does Brosnan voice in 1998’s Quest For Camelot?
- Brosnan plays the title role in 1999’s The Thomas Crown Affair, but who plays the same part in the original 1968 film?
- In which 1996 sci-fi film does Brosnan play Professor Donald Kessler?
- Which 1975 ABBA single does Brosnan’s Sam Carmichael sing in both Mamma Mia and its sequel?
- Which 1993 comedy co-stars Brosnan, Sally Field, and Robin Williams?
- Who plays Brosnan’s son and Eurovision hopeful Lars in 2020’s Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga?
- In which 2006 comedy does Brosnan play burnt-out assassin Julian Noble?
- What type of mythological creature is Chiron in Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief?
- Which Brosnan-starring James Bond film is named after the Bond family motto?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Who plays babysitter Chris Parker in Adventures In Babysitting?
- In the news – Let There Be Carnage is the upcoming sequel to which comic-book movie?
- Which Oscar-winning 1970 comedy revolves around the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital during the Korean War?
- Who provides the voice of the sniper who terrorises Colin Farrell in 2002’s Phone Booth?
- What colour connects Paul Verhoeven’s Book, Bob Clark’s Christmas, and Ridley Scott’s Rain?
- “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain” is a famous quote from which classic film?
- What title connects a 1981 Dudley Moore film and a 2011 Russell Brand film?
- Complete the title of the 2021 Disney film – Raya And The…
- Which country connects Born Free, The Constant Gardener, and The Ghost And The Darkness?
- And finally, “Hello Zepp” is the main theme from which horror movie franchise?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.