The new issue of Film Stories is proudly showcasing nearly 100 upcoming British movies – and here’s what’s in the rest of the issue too.
One of the founding ideas of Film Stories magazine was to be a publication that loudly – very loudly – champions British cinema. Every front cover we’ve done to date has had an element of UK cinema about it, but for our latest issue, we wanted to showcase just how many films were being made by the UK, which brings us to issue 14 of the magazine. Before we go into detail, here are the magic buy buttons, should you want to order a copy. And thank you for you support.
If the buttons haven’t appeared – it can be fiddly on mobile devices – the link to our shop is here.
The magazine will also be in select WHSmith stores around the country, and at the BFI shop in London from Thursday 20th February.
Here’s the full front cover…
- 89 British films heading your way over the coming months and years
- 8 brilliant directors tell us their stories of making films – and how you can too
- Alex Winter might be best known as half of Bill & Ted – but he’s also an accomplished documentary maker. Exclusive interview.
- Craig Fairbrass chats to us about his latest film, and making action movies
- We speak to a man who managed his local Odeon for 30 years. He has stories…
- Is movie marketing now incapable of selling mid-budget films? And how can more challenging films break through?
- How Tommy Lee Jones make full use of a lazily-put-together movie contract – and other contractual tales
- Sherrymovies: how one studio head pushed mainstream films with women at the heart of them
- Jaw-dropping stories from behind the scenes of movie PR
- Movie making-of books in focus
- Women and sport in the movies
And lots, lots, lots more. Plus, amongst the 20+ paid writers in this issue, six are getting their first ever paid print writing work.
We can only do this with your support, and thank you so much.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.