Find out about the brand new, biggest issue of Film Stories magazine to date – and order your copy right here as well.
Well, after a slight delay caused by current circumstances, we’re delighted to bring you the latest issue of Film Stories magazine, that’s now been sent off to the printers. Thank you so much for bearing with us. For fairly obvious reasons, we can’t sell this one in shops, and as such, it’s mail order and subscription online. We’re running a special subs offer for new UK direct debit subscribers, and you can get your first three issues for £9.99 if you follow this link and use the code INTRO.
But before we start the hard sell, perhaps we should show you the cover, and what’s inside the magazine…
- Simon Bird exclusive: the story of his feature directorial debut, Days Of The Bagnold Summer
- Independent cinemas fighting back: how UK indie moviehouses are coping, and what they’re up to next
- The story of the Pet Shop Boys movie: by the people who made it
- Danny Trejo exclusive: huge interview as he looks back on his life, his career, and the new documentary of his story.
- Monica Dolan exclusive: on Bagnold Summer and Post-It notes.
- Writing for Friedkin: what happens when the director of The Exorcist wants you to tackle a screenplay?
- The Tall Guy: the story of the first film written by Richard Curtis.
- Inclusion riders: Hollywood’s words are still not being fully met with actions
- Dubbing and translation: two pieces looking at bringing international cinema to wider audiences
- VHS dealer adverts: the special promotions that the end user rarely got to see
- The Syrian film collective: building a new cinema culture
- SPECIAL EXTRA SECTION: 16 pages of new film writing and memories, exclusively by authors over 70 years old.
All that, and much, much more.
Please help spread the word, and thank you so much for your interest. You can preorder individual issues via the links that appear under these very words.
You all take care and stay safe x
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.