The brand new issue of Film Stories is on its way – here’s what’s inside our independent movie magazine, and how to get a copy of it.
We’ve just sent off to the printers the brand new issue of Film Stories magazine – the 19th! It was delayed a little due to current matters (!), but it’s full steam ahead now and we’ve got a jam-packed issue to tell you about.
We’ll start with the cover, showcasing for the 19th time running a British-linked film. In this case, the wonderful Saint Maud, the wonderful Morfydd Clark…
Inside it? Well, this little lot…
* Morfydd Clark: on the stunning Saint Maud, and the making of the film
* The story of the man who made Superman fly
* Jay Baruchel on directing movies, and people trying to foist Arnold Schwarzenegger on his film
* The Empire Strikes Back, how it’s now gone from a U to a PG – and why
* Caroline Goodall tells us about what led her to write and produce The Bay Of Silence
* Spike Lee and his incredible 90s run of movies – and how they were ahead of their time
* Is pick and mix at the cinema lost to us forever?
* The Likely Lads, and their underrated cinema swansong
* Loads of reviews! Plus an article about saucy movies of the 1930s
* Movie endings! When they leave threads hanging that are never resolved
* More movie endings! Why do films go into production without an ending locked?
* Plus! Romesh Ranganathan! Anna Smith! Debbie Moon! Hope DIckson Leach! Lucy Brydon! Richard Brake! Eliza Schroeder! And much, much more!
You can order the issue via the links that should magically appear underneath these words. Or click directly through to our store at store.filmstories.co.uk.
Thank you so, so much for your support.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.