The summer issue of Film Stories Junior – the only print film magazine for young film fans and primarily written by them too – is available to order now.
I’m thrilled to introduce to you the fourth issue of Film Stories Junior magazine, that’s arriving a little later than planned due to bumps caused by current circumstances, but is now available to order. Once again, I’m delighted that so many young writers have contributed their words to the issue, and the very small team here are really proud of it. It’s 52 pages packed with movie chatter, recommendations and ideas, with most of the magazine once again written by correspondents under 15!
An individual issue costs £3.99 including UK postage, and we’re also offering the opportunity for a discount box to be bought for schools. If you’re a parent and want to donate some copies to a local school for instance, we’re not looking to profit off this, just to cover our costs. As such, we’re offering a reduced cost box featuring 20 copies of the magazine (10 of the current issue, and a mix of back issues) for £49.99 – a saving of nearly £30.
Here’s the cover of the new issue, and then I’ll introduce what’s inside…
Inside, then, from our wonderful young writers:
- Film Stories Junior writers on the current state of cinema, what they love about films, the future for movies and more
- Anti-bullying films
- How to make a spoof documentary movie
- The brilliance of old films
- Movies for different moods
- Introducing the films of Studio Ghibli
- Where are all the female superheroes?
- All about Hamilton
- Looking back at the original Jurassic Park trilogy
- Why Steven Spielberg films are so good
- Memorable movie quotes (and what they mean)
- Why I love Meet Me In St Louis
And then from ourselves and industry professionals:
- How films are actually written
- What movies are still coming out this year?
- Promoting a movie, and the fun you can have
Plus a whole lot more! The magazine is aimed at film fans aged 7-14, and the films covered within it are certificates U, PG and 12A. You can find our online store here, or buttons buy the magazine should magically appear below these words. We’re on the lookout now for writers for our next issue, that’s due in late October. Our email address is junior at filmstories co uk!
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.