The Marvel hit Shang-Chi is coming to physical media and Disney+ in November, it’s been confirmed: more details.
As Marvel gets ready to launch its next film – Eternals – into cinemas imminently, its previous movie – Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings – is now preparing for its home formats release.
We already know that Disney is debuting the title on regular Disney+ from November 12th, but it turns out it’s going to follow what it did with the recent Free Guy. Thus, it’ll make the physical media release of the film available around the same time, on November 15th.
The film will land on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, and it seems that a whole host of extra features are being reserved for the physical media debut of the film. The list we’ve got from the press blurb reads as follows (and lord bless copy and paste for this bit)…
* Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
* Deleted Scenes
* They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
* Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
* Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
* I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
* Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
* Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
* Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
* Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
* Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
* Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
* Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
* Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
* Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
* Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
Not a bad haul that, only offset by the sinister words “bonus features may vary by product and retailer”. We wait and see how that pans out.
Pre-orders for the film haven’t opened up just yet, but we’ll add links when we see them.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.