We’ve been expecting you, Mr Bond, and with the UK release of No Time To Die, this week’s film quiz is about all things 007.
The 25th James Bond film was originally due out in cinemas before Film Quiz Friday even started, so to celebrate, we’re shaking (but not stirring) up the format this week and giving you 30 questions about 007 and the actors who’ve played him. Oh, and there are NO SPOILERS for No Time To Die, so don’t worry about that.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. As always, this is just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and give us any other lovely feedback. If Bond’s not your bag, don’t worry – Film Quiz Friday will return…
ROUND ONE – The Daniel Craig Years
Let’s start with the Bond of record – here’s 10 questions on Daniel Craig’s tenure as 007, from 2006 to 2021, including the movies and everything in between.
- Who had a UK number 1 single with “No Time To Die” all the way back in February 2020?
- Spectre opens with an extended action sequence set during which Mexican festival?
- What is the only James Bond film title to date that doesn’t appear either in the film’s dialogue or the lyrics of the title song?
- From which eye does Casino Royale’s Le Chiffre weep blood – left or right?
- Who plays MI6 chief of staff Bill Tanner in four of Craig’s five films?
- What is the name of Eva Green’s character in Casino Royale?
- Which No Time To Die star first starred opposite Craig in 2019’s Knives Out?
- In Skyfall, what type of animal statue stands at the entrance to the Bond family estate?
- Courtesy of product placement, which beer brand does 007 drink in Skyfall and Spectre?
- Who directed the 2012 short film Happy And Glorious, co-starring Craig and Queen Elizabeth II?
ROUND TWO – Nobody Does It Better
Next, we go back in time, and revisit the Bond films featuring Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan.
- “Nobody Does It Better” is the theme song to which 1977 film?
- Who plays Tracy di Vicenzo, aka Mrs Bond, in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service?
- Which character did Samantha Bond (no relation) play from 1995 to 2002?
- The initials SPECTRE stand for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and… what?
- Which future Oscar winner has an early role as psychotic henchman Dario in Licence To Kill?
- Auric is the first name of which Bond villain?
- Who plays Russian gangster Valentin Zukovsky in GoldenEye and The World Is Not Enough?
- In The Living Daylights, what type of instrument is The Lady Rose?
- Sean Connery made his seventh appearance as 007 in 1983’s Never Say Never Again, an unofficial remake of which previous outing?
- In The Man With The Golden Gun, how many real nipples do Bond and Scaramanga have between them?
ROUND THREE – You Know Their Names
Finally, as Daniel Craig hangs up his tux, a pot luck round about the non-Bond pursuits of the series’ various leading men. Enjoy!
- What nationality is Sean Connery’s character Ramirez in Highlander?
- In which 2011 American-language remake does Daniel Craig play journalist Mikael Blomkvist?
- Who plays the son of Timothy Dalton’s super-spy Damien Drake in 2003’s Looney Tunes: Back In Action?
- What pet animal does Roger Moore’s Blofeld-esque record executive have on his lap in 1997’s Spice World?
- Other than Daniel Craig, who connects Layer Cake, Enduring Love, and Skyfall?
- Complete the title of the Roger Moore psychological thriller – The Man Who Haunted…
- In which 1991 adventure film does Timothy Dalton play movie star Neville Sinclair?
- In The Rock, which prison is Sean Connery’s John Mason notorious for escaping?
- Which actor plays himself in the 2017 docudrama Becoming Bond?
- And finally, barring voice roles, Pierce Brosnan is the only Bond actor whose highest-grossing movie at the UK box office isn’t a Bond movie – what is it?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). It’ll be quizness as usual next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.